Saturday, June 02, 2007

The Sydney-Based Rotary Ambassadorial Scholars (inbound) had a unique opportunity to meet the current Rotary International President, Bill Boyd, last night. We attended a Rotary International tri-district dinner at Waterview in Sydney Olympic Park where RIP Bill Boyd was the keynote speaker.
Sydney-Based Scholars with Rotary International President Bill Boyd
(L to R) Toby, Philip, Julie, RIP Bill, Laurent, Me & Alex

The dinner was really very lovely. We not only had the chance to meet the highest-ranking Rotary International officer (i.e. Bill Boyd)---we also had the opportunity to meet Rotarians from the neighboring Rotary districts (in NSW).

I had a great time chatting with the Rotarians at my table! A few of them were from the same club. They invited me to their club changeover, and another of them has invited me along to assist with a project in Manly in two weeks. I was very happy to say yes to both! :) They're going to work out the details to have me to their club as a guest speaker soon. One of the Rotarians has even said that he and his wife will take me to Koala Park! What a nice group of folks! :)

I spent the morning and afternoon in Ashfield today assisting with a BBQ. The money raised will benefit Five Dock Public School. The folks I worked with were loads of fun! I had a nice time, but between last night's dinner and waking up early for the BBQ this morning I was completely knackered!

I have a big presentation coming up this Monday (Rotary Club of Sydney CBD). More on how that went later...


No comments: