Tuesday, January 20, 2009

(above) Me, Monique and Penny.



Well...I've officially left the University of Technology, Sydney. I am going to miss the folks there---they're all such lovely people to work with! As noted in a previous entry, I had to leave because my contract was up, and the lady I was replacing had returned from her secondment. At any rate, I've moved on to a new workplace.
I'm now working as a magazine assistant on Bowls NSW and Lifestyle Options. I'm assistant to the advertising manager and health/beauty editor, who I just adore! I've known Bev for a couple of years now, and I really owe her a debt of gratitude for helping me get this job. She and Rex, the editor, are FANTASTIC folks! I really enjoy working with them. The office is right in the middle of Sydney City. It's great!



There isn't a lot else on at the moment. The play is coming up NEXT WEEK! I am really afraid I'm going to stuff it up (to use an Aussie phrase). I am really having a great time rehearsing, though. And I'm so happy to have the opportunity to perform. I just adore my friends here---I know of 5 (potentially 7) who are going to book in to watch the Friday performance! That's just so lovely... :) Needless to say, the alcohol will be flowing post-performance.



Piers and I have yet to take our day trip. We couldn't go last weekend because I was rehearsing Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I'm still leaning toward Katoomba as our destination, but I suppose since he's driving I should give him a say. ha ha ha! We're catching up for lunch this Friday, so maybe a destination will be decided upon by the end of the workday on Friday. More on that later, of course!
There really isn't a lot else to report on. The rest is really business as usual.
More later...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a fantastic photo of you! :) I feel as though I should have something more profound to say, however words currently escape me.