Thursday, July 26, 2007

Once again, I've been slack in my posts.
I don't have too terribly much to comment on, actually!

First of all, I simply must share this cute quote I stumbled upon:
All of us are born with a set of instinctive fears - of falling, of the dark, of lobsters, of falling on lobsters in the dark, or speaking before a Rotary Club, and of the words "Some Assembly Required”. --AUTHOR UNKNOWN

I am very happy to say that I have been officially inducted as a member of the Rotaract Club of Sydney City. I'm very excited to be a Rotaractor again, as I have thoroughly enjoyed my previous experience in Rotaract and had hoped to continue my participation. I am getting old, too...sadly, in a couple of years I won't be able to be a Rotaractor anymore, so it's nice to enjoy Rotaract while I can! (Then it's on to the bigger membership fees of Rotary (eeek!)

I am going to be directing a performing arts evening at a local primary school soon. I'm currently searching online for the internationall-themed plays that will be performed. I've suggested perhaps a dinner theatre, and I'm hoping that if they (being the principal and other administrators at the school) are keen, I'm going to suggest that the funds we raise go toward purchasing some school supplies for rural Aussie kids. I'm also suggesting a few other fun extras for the evening, but I'll not mention those just yet---it would ruin the element of surprise! *Mwahahahaha...*

I have a few speaking engagements coming up. I think I may have already mentioned these in a previous post, but after a while all the posts begin to run together, so my apologies if this is old news:
30th JULY: Rotary Club of Menai
6th AUGUST: Rotary Club of Parramatta City
4th SEPTEMBER: Rotary Club of Sydney Inner-West
5th SEPTEMBER: Rotary Club of Mosman
IN THE WORKS: Rotary Club of Sydney Darling Harbour
POTENTIALLY: Rotary Club of Dee Why-Warringah
Also, Judith and I will be visiting a club while in Broadbeach, although I'm not sure which club meeting we'll be attending. That will be exciting, as the club will be out-of-state and outside of my host district.

I don't have a lot else to comment on just now. I'll post more updates and further information soon.

Visit the RAC website:
Rotaract Club of Sydney City

No comments: