Tuesday, May 08, 2007

I'm very happy to say that my search for the perfect study spot has continued with great success. See below the photo of one of my new "outdoor" study locations in Woolloomooloo. Not only is it a lovely location, but it's also fun to say!
I perch myself on a rock *see below* and can study for hours while listening to the tide hitting the rocks. It's very peaceful.

MY STUDY SPOT AT WOOLLOOMOOLOO WHARF

Last night marked another fantastic evening with the Balmain Rotary Club. President Maria informed me of some very nice, very encouraging feedback she had received from the Rotary Club of Bathurst East regarding my article in Rotary Down Under. Fortunately, copies of RDU were brought along for me to send back to the US (I was wondering how on earth I would get hold of some copies for the folks back home!). It was really nice to see my article in print. I really have Judith to thank for that! At any rate, I hope that the one I'm working on now will be markedly better than the last one.

I went to the Sydney Rotary Club today as Jean Elborn's guest. She's really a lovely lady. The Rotarians were very hospitable (as is always the case), and the guest speaker was extremely interesting. I spoke with a bit with the Rotaract Chairperson for D9750 during the lunch. She's really a very pleasant person to chat with, and she's so enthusiastic about helping others.
We discussed beginning a Rotaract chapter at Sydney University. She works with the Aboriginal community in Redfern and is inviting me along to shadow her for a Saturday to see if I would like to devote some weekends to volunteering with the program. I'll provide more on that later.

The website is looking lovely! We're gradually getting more information on there, which is nice. Maria is going to send a bit of Balmain Rotary - related stuff to me shortly to complete the Balmain section of the site. So yes, it's a work in progress! Again, the URL is www.sydneyscholar.org .

I don't think there is much else to comment on at this point. I'm going to a Sydney Rotaract event tomorrow, so I shall provide more information *perhaps* tomorrow regarding how that went. Maybe I'll even have some photos to share!

That's it for now!

No comments: