Sunday, May 20, 2007

It's a gorgeous, sunny autumn day in Sydney! It is a truly lovely day.

I'm supposed to go into the City in a bit to meet some folks for a Spanish movie. I'm looking forward to it and hope that I am productive enough in my research today to reward myself with the movie. Either way, if I'm unable to attend, we've planned coffee afterward---so that will be nice. I was introduced to the girl I'm visiting today at a Balmain Rotary dinner last week. She's a lovely girl who comes to Oz from Mexico. She's been in Sydney for 5 years, I think.

I went to my first fundraising dinner on Friday night. All I have to say is, I have learned my lesson in regard to carrying around a wine glass. If it was empty, they topped it up! The whole night I had a steady supply of wine. Not good. I had a nice headache the following day!

Speaking of Saturday!
Saturday was the Model United Nations Assembly in Wollongong.
I awoke randomly (I didn't hear my alarm) at 6:55 a.m. I was meant to catch the 7:40 a.m. train from Central Station. I showered as quickly as humanly possible, brushed my teeth, got dressed and literally ran out the door. I caught a taxi at 7:15 a.m. in front of my flat and was off. I really didn't think I was going to make it! I did, however make it within two minutes of the train's departure. It was AMAZING! I sat back and napped most of the way to Wollongong, so I missed loads of nice scenery. :(

MUNA was held at the Nan Tien Temple, which is the largest Buddhist temple in the Southern Hemisphere. It was beautiful! We had a nice tour before lunch, but I forgot my camera in the assembly room. Anyhow...it was lovely.

Judith was there in her official capacity as Secretary General of the Model UN. She provided me transport back to Sydney. Once we got back in the Balmain area, we got a bottle of wine and had Thai on Darling Street. It was really lovely to have the chance to catch up a bit! I do feel bad, because I badger her for stories, but she's led such an interesting life!

And now we're back to today!

I'm scheduled to speak at the Rotary Club of Five Dock tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it! I've heard good things about the club.
More later on how the presentation went.

Until next time...

No comments: