Thursday, May 10, 2007

A weight has been lifted.
For months now, I've felt a bit torn between two commitments: postgraduate council and Rotaract. As it happened, Rotaract meetings and council meetings occurred on the nights and times. This was a bit distressing, as I wanted to participate actively in both. Unfortunately, that is not possible in situations such as these. So...I thought about it and I consulted a friend regarding my decision...and I decided I would forgo council participation to be more active in Rotaract. I want to enjoy it while I can, as I only have 3 more years of Rotaract participation (the cut-off age is 30).

At any rate, I went to Rotaract last night instead of council. It was lovely seeing some of the folks again. I met some of the Rotaractors during the Rotary v. Rotaract Great Debate back in March.
I'm really glad that I will be able to participate more! It truly feels as if a weight has been lifted.
The next meeting is going to be the change-over, so that will be interesting!

Below is a photo from the Sydney Rotaract Mexican Dinner:

Back: Toby Tanzer, Ambassadorial Scholar from Germany;
Front: Joe Botta, Sydney City Rotarian; Me; Katharina Gerlach, UNSW Master's student & Rotaractor

I had a lovely time at the dinner! Joe picked Toby and me up at Sydney Uni and provided us transport to and from the dinner. He even bought my dinner and wine as a birthday present! I just can't get over how nice and considerate the folks here are!

I don't have much else to report on. I have two library books that I'm itching to get started on (they're both Bourdieu---yay!!! I *heart* Bourdieu). I figure I'll finish up the ole laundry and head out for a bit of studying.

Until next time...

No comments: